A RV manufacturing industry executive says that, as a result of the recent recession, the move to lightweight RVs is probably going to be permanent.
The ”Great Recession” probably has made permanent the RV industry’s move toward lighter weight, ”greener” units, Wilbur Bontrager, Jayco Inc. chairman and CEO, told a northern Indiana television audience this weekend (April 10-11).
“I’ve been through a couple of these downturns,” Bontrager said. ”We’re seeing a lot of the same dynamics where we, along with all the other manufacturers, have gone into building lighter weight products. This time around, I believe it will stick.
”This time around, we have technology, we have materials and suppliers who can produce components that can be lighter weight and greener. In the past, this has been more difficult.”
Read the full RVBusiness article – Bontrager: Lightweight Movement Will Stick
Other RV, Camping and Outdoors News and Information:
- Southeast roundup: Oceanfront state parks; Atlanta Journal Constitution
- No one’s in neutral, To hit the road with economy or ease, with just enough or lots of space, all it takes is an RV and a destination – a Boston Globe correspondent embarks on her first “off-ground” camping trip; Boston Globe
- Vermont – State Parks thrive despite tough economic times, Bennington Banner
- Camping season looking up with early reservations, good attendance at RV and Camping Show; WCSH6.com; Portland Maine
- RV Financing: A Vehicle for Growth – rvia’s latest video about the promising market of Rv enthusiasts (7:48)