Three from the Road #16 (plus one) – 2010 trip1
Lake McConaughy, August 17, 2007.
The lake had been quite low for many years,
with trees growing in the bay at Lemoyne, Nebraska.
Lemoyne boat ramp on Lake McConaughy. August 17, 2007
Lemoyne, Lake Mcconaughy, Nebraska, July 8, 2010
In later images from Google Street View, all of the trees in the water are dead.
Former Viersen cabin at Lemoyne, Nebraska, July 2010.
I’ve slept many nights in the old, small Viersen family cabin at Lemoyne, Nebraska – the last time in September 1973, when we were on leave before I reported for duty in New London, Connecticut. We stayed again at Lemoyne in the late 80s when we were visiting my grandfather, who had had his mobile home moved to a lot next to the cabin, but we slept in our own tiny travel trailer. After my grandfather’s passing, the property went to the family of a nephew, who later built a large home on the adjacent property. The shop on the right in the picture is about where the old two hole outhouse was located. Though I’ve never seen it, in the early days of the lake, it was filled to the point that water was almost up to the cabin.
- Lake McConaughy
- I Love Lake Mac – Keith County Visitors Committee
- The Denver Post – article
- Lake McConaughy State Recreation Area
- Camping Reservations – Reserve America
- Admiral’s Cove – at Lemoyne
- Dam Worker Lives to Tell of Being Swept through Construction Drain Pipe at Kingsley Dam
- Construction of the Tri-County Project – nebraskastudies.org
- Three from the Road is a series sharing images from places we’ve visited. Initially, each post included thee images, related by a randomly selected location or topic. Posts now may be random choices or pre-planned sequences. This post is in a series sequentially sharing images from our 2010 trip west. The “plus one” simply indicates that there is one more photo than the normal three in this post.