Post-processing1 #29 |
Carl Hayden Visitor Center at Glen Canyon Dam, Page, Arizona, October 10, 2015, viewed from a window at the dam power plant elevation. (Pentax K-3 II)
Carl Hayden Visitor Center at Glen Canyon Dam2
- Summer hours (mid-May – mid-September) 8 am – 6 pm MST;
Winter Hours (November through February) daily, 8 am – 4 pm MST;
Rest of year open daily 8 am – 5 pm MST;
Closed Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day
- Phone: 928-608-6200. Tours of the Dam: 928-608-6072. Bookstore: 928-608-6068.
- Location: Highway 89 on west side of Glen Canyon Dam
- Attractions: Tours of the dam provided by Glen Canyon Natural History Association, exhibits, video shows, a relief map of the entire Glen Canyon area. Restrooms and a bookstore.
Tours of the dam are $5, and as a federal power plant facility, security measures are in place. While no bags, purses, knives, weapons, or food are allowed on the tour, wallets, cameras, and clear water bottles are welcome.
- Post-processing – Image editing to enhance the photo closer to what the eye “saw.” Images in this series are selected within a day or so of being edited and are either posted at the time or scheduled for posting at a later date.
- Glen Canyon Visitor Centers – National Park Service